Friday, March 10, 2006

Two timing

I will not be attending the Montgomery Gentry concert - I found out it will be on Sunday instead of Saturday, which would mean I miss church. That's not something I'm comfortable with, so no go on the concerto.
Today we were attacked twice that I know of. Both were too close for comfort. One hit inside my housing complex (on the far side of my complex, closer to the perimeter, thank goodness) just before I went to the gym. I actually heard the alarm this time. Apparantly it did some damage to some trailers, but the only damage to people was from them dropping to the ground.
The other occured just before dusk, when I was working up on top of our bunker. We were working, and saw a light out of the corner of our eye. Thinking someone was taking a picture, we turned, and about a 1/4 mile away, pretty close to the runway, saw a bunch of smoke rising and heard this Boom. Then about 10 seconds another one hit, pretty close to the first one. I must say Mortar fire is a little scarier after this, 'cause those explosions were big. The initial shock wave (just the boom, not the shrapnel radius) was probably 30 feet diameter.
Just another day in paradise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scary.

Unknown said...

speaking of duds, we had all sorts of police around our area today looking for one. I guess they tracked it, but it never exploded, and now they can't find it. This raises all sorts of questions in my mind, such as "Why didn't they ever raise the incoming alarm?" hmm...