Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Power of One

I finished The Power of One. I recommend that everyone on earth read this book. Unless, of course, you don't think the human spirit is worth much, approve of Aparteid, and dislike the most noble of sports, Boxing. If all three of these apply to you, I don't want to know you - please stop reading my blog. I could sympathize with not liking boxing. But the first two?
But if you do read the book, what an amazing book. I feel like a better person for having read this book, something I can't say about most books I read. This makes 6 books I've read in the 4 weeks I've been gone - and I don't see that pace slowing down.
No attacks today, though I found out that there several other parts of the base that were also attacked yesterday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you bring enough books with you to last the rest of your time or do you need more?

Tim said...

The crazy thing is that all this talk of attacks has me, for some odd reason, wishing I was there. ME, for crying out loud. The thoughts have really caught me off-guard.

Tim

Unknown said...

I didn't bring enough books, I've now exhausted my supply. But there is a library I can use, plus lots of books other contractors have left, and supposedly my mother sent me a package with some more in it (but she won't tell me what they are...)