Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Google-fu

So there I was, talking with some guys outside our bunker, when I hear a big boom. We all take a step toward the bunker, and hear two more big booms. They were close - after hearing a bunch one can tell. Anyways, it wasn't for another 30 minutes that they announced that there was even an attack! How frustrating.
Oh, Yaju was asking what IED stands for. While I had faith in Yaju's Google-fu, perhaps his Google-fu isn't as developed as I thought. IED stands for Improvised Explosive Devise. It's kinda like taking all the powder form a bunch of fireworks, putting it in a pipe and blowing it up when someone drives or walks nearby. Nasty stuff.
I have to wake up early tomorrow (~3) to do some stuff, so if anyone wants to email me around ~5 PM Mountain time, you might get a really quick response.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am heading over to Balad in May. I am and air traffic controller in the Air Force just wondering if you could email me and let me know how things are where you are at. I enjoy your blog. Are you in the trailers or tent city. Well tell me what you can ...email my gov email if you get a chance, I would appreciate it. brandy.cannedy@grandforks.af.mil

Anonymous said...

Hey Ry,

This blogger comment this jacked up. I have been trying to comment over past few days, but the comment window just does not find your blog.

Anyways I hope this comment gets through.

Yeah I was too lazy to google what an IED is. I have lost faith in google as it is useless when it comes to finding anything for my thesis.
Also for some reason I was thinking it might be a military codeword, like SNAFU and FUBAR. I did not know what those acronyms stood for untill a short while ago. I thought they were words and not acronyms. Go figure.

I think I am loosing it over my thesis.

Keep safe dude.