Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Mixed blessing

So it sounds like I might be staying until June 15th. This creates all sorts of problems, and all sorts of blessings. The blessings are mostly just $. The bummer is, well, really it's just that I'm lonely. The job is pretty boring, and there's not much to do when I get off work but come check my blog.
It's not for sure yet, but it's like 90% sure. I certaintly don't want to make a fuss, since nobody likes a whiner, especially when he's being paid like I am, but really, once I have enough to pay off my truck, I don't much care about the rest.
That's it. I'm reading a dime novel from the Industrial Era entitled Captain Blood. So far its lousy. One of those books they make you read in middle school just because they can - but has no real merit. Oh, and while today we didn't have to armor up, tomorrow we get to. Yeah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ry-
I took your truck for a spin today because it's been sitting for a couple of weeks. She runs great and even still smells like a new car inside. Let me know if you need anything like scanned copies of Adventure magazine, an atlas of iraq so you can fill it in in all of your travels, or come sunscreen for sitting on top of the bunker.

Anonymous said...

Here's a sweet website in case you get bored and have some free computer time

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Anonymous said...

Here's another cool website in case you get bored. Look on the right side of the site and take a few quizzes. I think it's great fun...but then again, I am a linguist...


http://www.pbs.org/speak/

Anonymous said...

hey RY! sorry i havent checked the blog in a while. DANG it sounds like a crazy experience. Im not sure why they are making you wear body armor. Dont they know that your body is armor... tell me who to email and ill let them know. tara and i are good just busy with work and school. i sold some dude a system yesterday who spent 2 hours telling me how he slept with his supervisor who is married. it was a pretty twisted story.. the kind you like.. so ill give you the full version when i see ya. salt lake had a huge snow storm this morning but not much of any down in utah county. we are thinking about you and are here if you need anything. can we actually send you stuff? let us know again how if we can. peace out man and stay safe.