Sunday, March 19, 2006

Little Chick

Today being Sunday, I decided that my movie of the day would be Short Chick, I mean, Chicken Little. It was OK. On the whole, I'd have to say that Disney did a poor job. Some things were funny, but I felt like it was too forced (which it was in fact, since the movie was only made so Disney could throw it at PIXAR during contract negotiations.) Definitely no Shrek, and no where near the brilliance of The Incredibles.
Church was OK tonight. OK, I almost left at halftime out of boredom. But the realization that there was nothing else to do, and certainly no better place to be kept me there. In the end I think I'm better for it.
Oh - I also got the word. Right now I'm looking at a mid-June departure. I'm not too excited about it. Hopefully it'll turn out to be early June or May instead. The later I stay here, the less likely I am to tour Europe. But we'll see.

4 comments:

Ken Leek said...

It's good to see that you are still the same old Ry Ry. Although church is bothering you you still stay because you are just that kind of guy. If you don't come back until june can I have your stuff? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi RyRy- This is Dave's (aka Big Z)wife. I used to have a name but... Anyway, it sounds like you are having a once-in-a-lifetime experience-at least, you probably hope it is. It's Sunday night in Phoenix and I'm catching him up on your blog. It's really interesting to hear about your adventures in Iraq-maybe you could write a book about it! ;) Dave wants to send you some more age appropriate reading material. Are you allowed to give out your address? If you are, send it to him at davidzincke@hotmail.com and we'll send ya some good stuff! That would be a bummer if you had to miss your Europe tour! You could come to Phoenix instead. That would be just as good! Anyway, hang in there and keep that body armor close by, just in case.

Anonymous said...

Here's a good quote for you from the book Fools Rush In: "planning is the fatal blow to any journey. Tourists plan. And, even worse, they plan in groups. Lunch here, shopping there, snapshots in front of the statue, and then back on the bus. It's rare a tourist even remembers anything about where they have been, except for the oddest of details. How much a beer was, how lovely the maid was, or what a strange language those people spoke. But a traveler just goes, with no plan and with as little baggage as possible. And at some point, the journey itself becomes the destination."

-Bill Carter

Unknown said...

ixoj - I love the quote. I look forward to a good meander. hopefully I'll just cowboy up enough to do it.