Saturday, March 18, 2006

If we hurry I can still make...

So I work with some rough people. Between the military guys and the contractors, I hear the f-word somewhere around 200 times a day I figure. I don't like it, but I admit I'm becoming a little more callous to it.
Nevertheless, I had to say something when someone referred to me as (copying the comment Jim made) "effing Ryan". Of course, telling the guy I didn't appreciate being referred to like that only made him do it more. He kept asking me if I was a Christian and if I had any aptidude for violence - I think he was a little scared I might just hit him. But since he's also the jokestr here, I told him that as long as I'm laughing and smiling he's alright.
Other than that, I finished reading Captain Blood - it was a pretty cool book. I kept reading it, following my rule to never discard a book before I've read at least 200 pages. But if it goes 200 and I'm still not impressed, ciao. I'm now reading a book about the Cheyanne Indians (feathers, not dots) and a book on real estate.

No comments: