Thursday, March 23, 2006

Abs of Thunder

I woke up again today at 3AM, and the stuff I needed to do was once again cancelled. So once again I was exhausted all day and left with little to do. I did rebuild a hard drive - how's that for a good time! But hey, while emailing people and doing some Sudoku, I'm almost thru '24' season 1. I really think Jack Bauer should just shoot Kim for being dumb trash. But I digress.
The one and only exciting event of the day came when I was working out. There I was, doing some pushups and such, when the 'Incoming! Incoming!' came on. So I go flat on the mat, and everyone in the room groans. It's at this point that I see there's a cute girl on the ab mat with me - shortly after I smile and give her a "How you doin'?" I notice the ring on her finger. Yup, luck is just flowing my way.
Now, the good thing about being on the ab mat during an Incoming is that you can continue to do your abs while you have to be on the ground, waiting for the 'All Clear'. So I keep working out, hear 3 loud bangs go off in the distance, wait a few more minutes, then everybody starts moving around. Then life was back to normal at Balad Air Base. Thats all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tough luck with the cute chick, ry. better luck next time? are there very many girls on the base?

Anonymous said...

I try to pick up men on the ab mat all of the time. I'm going to have to try that "incoming" bit. That's a good one. No really...good story but I'm glad that you are still safe. I'm going to St. George this weekend. I was think that I would go up to the top of deseret hill and make bombing noises and think of you :). I'm going to do it. I'll send pictures.

Ken Leek said...

Yeah if Kim would have been shot in the first season there would be fewer problems in seasons 2,3,and 5. I am glad to hear that you meet a married girl...its seems like all of the good ones are gone.