Wednesday, March 22, 2006

3:30 in the mornin'

I wake up this morning at 3AM to go to work, get there, and they tell me nope. It's been changed until tomorrow. So basically I woke up at 3 AM for nothing. Now, this isn't a totally bad thing. True, as I write this I'm getting pretty tired. But wait! My company pays different rates for day, evening, and graveyard shifts - and today I was graveyard. Which is like 10 or 15% more than usual. And I get to do it all again tomorrow.
No attacks today (at least close to me) - but I met a guard that works at the perimeter gate right by us. I was told that they love to bomb that area right in the afternoon, which is what I heard yesterday (no, we don't usually wear body armor unless there is intel of an immediate threat.) I think the afternoon shift might have ticked off someone, or insulted someone, because they consistantly get hammered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you might want to try icing your shins. that usually helps me.