Thursday, March 16, 2006

Et tu?

I totally forgot the Ides of March. This is a true shame, since prior to my departure I was hoping to have a toga party for the Ides, you know, celebrate the death of Caesar. Alas. Poor Caesar, and Poor Antony and Cleopatra.
I moved into a new trailer, which is much nicer than the previous one. I also received a package from my mother, full of treats and books and goodies. Hooray!
Other than that, I have to say that it's nice to look in the news and know that I specifically helped in the War on Terror. That all my time over here isn't just about doing something different and exciting, but that I can point to specific things that we as Americans did to fight some crazy fanatics, and say, "Hey, I helped them plan that." Maybe I'll be able to tell you more in 10 years or so.

5 comments:

jimwraith said...

You are an effing Hero, Ry. of course, I've believed that for a long time, it's just nice that America now recognizes it.

Anonymous said...

as you mentioned that you forgot the ides of march, here's a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the third greatest holiday of all time (preceded only by Christmas and Thanksgiving respectively): St. Patrick's day. I hope you wear something green.

Anonymous said...

So you moved into a new trailer. Any luck finding any polyester curtains or red wood for the deck? How about a queen for that double wide? Maybe you could talk to the supply guy about that. My parents are here this weekend so I'm taking the day off tomorrow. Take care.

Anonymous said...

wow i didn't know that there were people that actually spelled out "effing" and thought it was a good idea

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan!! Hope everything is going swell for you down there!! I got back from Los Angeles and such the other day, visiting Kristi. It was pretty fun. Only a few more days of spring break and it makes me sad. Talk to ya again sometime!
-your sista