Sunday, April 30, 2006

Three

The most exciting part of the day was listening to a talk in church. I know. I too was shocked by the thought. It wasn't even that good of a talk. But it was given by an Iraqi from Baghdad who joined the church in Jordan several years ago. It was pretty sweet to listen to his story - at one point he was imprisoned for having a Book of Mormon and stuff. Probably the first Iraqi member of the church, at least living in Iraq.
Other than that, I just finished reading the first 3 books of the Belgariad by David Eddings. Kinda like the Lord of the Rings, only there's 5 books instead of 3. I read the first 3 in 3 days, but I think I'll have to wait and find the last two back in the states. Definitely good, though I couldn't say it compares in quality to LOTR.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey RyRy,
these are great Books. I have the entire collection. However, there are actually 10 books in the principle collection. The first five is the Belgariad and the second set of five is called the Mallorean. I have all of them in audiobook. Then there are two more that have some background information on Belgarath and Polgara individually. Anyways, good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ry, Kelly won't admit it but she has all of those books too. You can borrow them whenever you want.