Thursday, April 13, 2006

She ain't half bad

So today I woke up, worked out, ate and got to work by ~ 3PM. My big activities of the day included fixing my flat bike tire and replacing a broken component of my satellite dish. Or rather, watching the GI's replace a component of my dish, and making sure they didn't break anything (they did great.)
Tonight, while 'working' (meaning I was present in case something broke, but actually playing video games) we got 3 'INCOMING' alarms within like 10 seconds, followed by the loudest boom i've heard yet. It was really close - about 150 yards or so. Maybe more like a 100. Anyway, it was close.
Then, when I'm going home, I'm talking with the gate guard, she tells me that they counted somewhere around 17 mortars in that attack alone, plus Unexploded ordinance. Oh, and they gate guard, she didn't look half bad...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ry do us all a favor including you and ask this chick out. stay safe.