Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter

Happy Easter! Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Easter meal. I also hope that all the eggs and baskets were found and everyone enjoyed Church.
Our Easter meal was nasty. They gave us some nasty looking ham that looked like it had stayed a week or two in the anatomy lab juice, with stuffing that was more like warm paste. Gross.
But, I did teach Sunday School today, so that was good. Then I went to my trailer to have my roommate start tearing into me about the bikes that had been chained up next to our trailer for the past several months, sitting in the rain and dust.
I had told some guys at work about them, and with some bolt cutters they took them. Then we found out they belong to some guys that used to work with us out on the site, and those guys might come back. Anyways, I told my roommate I was sorry we didn't ask before taking the bikes, and that we'd take care of it tomorrow.
He didn't shut up, so I laid into him about how I know a whole lot more about bikes than he does, and leaving a bike in the rain and dirt rusting is a waste, and it tells me the person not only doesn't care about the bike, he's probably too ignorant to merit having a bike. Plus, the owner's in another country indefinitely! Then I said I'd take care of it tomorrow, and turned my back on him. And I will, because unlike a lot of people, when I say I'll do something, I do it.
Oh, I finished this sweet book Shadow Divers. It's about shipwreck diving in the Atlantic. Way good. A true life adventure book.
Happy Easter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many fun loving roomates do you have?

Unknown said...

Just 1, thank goodness. But he's a real weirdo... today he told me that he'd been planning on riding that bike that we had taken (we gave it back) when it got hot enough. I told him it was definitely hot enough now (it hit 98 a few days ago...)