Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fun for the whole Family

So today was pretty uneventful. I finished my book on real estate, watched GI's race rafts made out of waterbottles and duct tape at the newly opened outdoor pool, and attended a pizza party. Then tonight, I'm talking to my parents and explaining that some called this place 'Mortaritaville', but it's really not that bad. Then the Incoming alarm goes off, and I'm like "Hey Mom and Dad, not a big deal. Happens all the time." Then I start hearing the booms, and their REALLY close. I tell them I gotta go. I called em back later. Turns out they landed really close to this bunker shown in the picture, which is about 200 yards away from where I was.
This is actually what I'm referring to when I say bunker. We work out of a concrete aircraft hanger. For security reasons I can't show you mine, but this is the same size. Totally safe from anything the insurgants may have. But still, whatever they hit us with tonight was plenty strong.

4 comments:

Tim said...

Wait, they've opened a pool there? No offense if you happen to enjoy the pool, but that's just ridiculous. We should be on our way out, not digging in for the long haul. POOLS?!

Tim

Tim said...

Sorry if that came out harsh. I'm just upset about the price tag of this war. It's much much much much more expensive than what we spend on medicare for illegal immigrants, but people seem to care about that more right now.

jimwraith said...

I'd rather spend money helping U.S. personnel in Iraq than an illegal alien who is far too coddled in this country anyway. If fact, let's offer them citizenship if they go to Iraq and fight for us; otherwise, ship 'em out.

Ry, do you have all 4 seasons of 24? They keep getting better. Season 2 was my least favorite, but still great. Have fun and take care.

Unknown said...

The pools were already here - but they're ours now. This base was actually the nicest in Iraq before we came, and I'm told it's a lot nicer now than it was.

Jim - I've seen seasons 1,2, and 4. So far I'm liking 3... And they do offer citizenship to LEGAL immigrants who join the US military.