Tuesday, April 11, 2006

In Trouble

So I almost got in trouble today. Unfortunately, no women were involved.
You see, today was the unofficial 'Attack Balad AFB' day. I woke up late from my late night and went to the gym, unaware that there had already been several attacks. While in the gym we went Code Red for 45 minutes. When we got done, I needed to quickly shower and get some food before the chow hall closed. Well, getting to the shower, shaving, and getting back to my trailer took more than 30 minutes, the time we have to call and check in. So someone was sent to look for me. When I did get to work, everybody had to rub in that I hadn't called. Gee, that's great. I'll call in right away next time. Lesson learned.
So apparantly before I got to work at 3PM, they had already had 3 attacks, including that Code Red that held me up 45 min. Then, while I was there, we had about another 4, more or less. Finally, they just decided to make us all wear our body armor - so of course the attacks have stopped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an exciting day. Do you ever see these attacks or do they just happen "somewhere on base"? Is it true that the safest place to be when an iraqi tries to shoot a mortar at you is right where he is aiming? I wonder why they are so terrible.

jimwraith said...

In terms of square miles, how big is this base? I'm guessing it's fairly ginormous, which is a word.

Also, if you need help getting rid of insurgents, let me know. I just played about 10 games of HALO 2 online and devastated my opponents, so for the next couple days, it's on, and I'll kill anyone that threatens your life. I got your back, bro...