Monday, May 01, 2006

Got the Shirt

Couple of cool things happenend today. I put up 250 pds on the bench and got the shirt, which was pretty cool. After being slightly worried, it went up like butter. Nice and smooth. I'll bet I'd get close to 275, but they don't have a shirt for it, and I don't care enough to do it without a tangible reward.
Then I went to a re-enlistment ceremony for one of the GI's in my unit. The re-enlistment oath is actually a fairly stirring oath. http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/l/blenlistoath.htm
After the ceremony, we had a sweet tour of an F-16, and the colonel giving the tour described each weapon with a considerable amount of detail. It was pretty sweet.
And! I got a package from my mother today! Inside were some candies, and some sweet books, and of course a spanish Liahona magazine. Oh, and how could I forget, a Rascal Flats CD, which I'm assuming was my sister Staci's contribution, since they tend to be more of a teenage girl country band. I tried to listen to it, I promise, but I didn't make it thru the 3rd track. Maybe I could work on my patience by listening to it. But maybe that'd be just enough to make me snap... probably not worth the risk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ryan...you are cruel. Your sweet mama takes the time to send you a wonderful, well thought out package and that's the response I get. I'm shocked. Hope you can find some place to lay your head when you come home (which better be soon).

Anonymous said...

Rascal Flats is awesome!

Yes I have a blogger ID, but there is no way I'm tying my name to this comment

The Shavers said...

Don't do it. Don't listen to rascal flatts.

Anonymous said...

Ry.. The third track on that CD is the worst. You should go-to and try again. Just be sure to skip the third song. It's embarrassing.