Monday, May 22, 2006

Kuwait

So I finally left Balad. I took a good look around before I got on the plane - I doubt I'll be back in Iraq anytime soon. After sitting around for ~5 hours, I left Balad about 4 in the afternoon and flew to a US Air Force base in Kuwait. Now I have to wait between 6 and 10 hours for some grunt to run my passport over to the Kuwaiti officials, get it stamped, bring it back, so I can get off base and get to the international airport. I've been waiting about 5 so far - I'll probably go check on it in a few minutes.
Anyways, here's the plan right now. Get the stamp, go to the airport in Kuwait City, get a flight for either London or Frankfurt. Get there, go to a hotel, and rest for awhile - maybe go look around at stuff, and arrange my flight back to Salt Lake. Then get back. But! I figure somewhere in there, I'll probably spend a day site seeing, depending on flight times and such (I'm already over 50 hours for the week, so I should be OK).
See ya'll real soon.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

does this mean no more blog?