Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fun in the Sun

So for about 10 days, we didn't see the sun here. It was constantly overcast, but not with clouds, with dust. Sand. It was way gross - and hot. Even if the wind was blowing, it didn't help.
But the sun came out, and it feels great. I read outside for about an hour and a half, right before we had a braut-bar-b-q, with brauts straight from Germany. It was great.
Came back, called my family to let them know I'm alive and doing good - then just hung out. Once again I had to do some work later on - some of our equipment is acting weird about 10:30 every night lately.
Oh, and my task for tomorrow? Find a new path for riding to work. Apparantly they don't want bikes or pedestrians out by the F-16s and BlackHawks. I guess they feel that having us walk/ride home on an unlit perimeter road all alone is a much 'safer' option. So, I'm going to look for a path - I figure if I can go running and mountain biking on deer trails in Utah, I can probably find a line in the dirt I can follow here.

No comments: