Thursday, May 18, 2006

Honor



K... so I didn't take this picture, though I was present when it was taken. You can see a poor Iraqi girl running barefoot up to the fence to ask for candy. With all the talk on the news of "What's wrong with the War", or "Why we shouldn't even be in Iraq" it's easy to forget the kids caught in the middle. And regardless of whether or not those anti-war sentiments have validity (I believe some do), the fact is that if our troops leave now, this little girl and others will suffer because of religous fanatics.

It's easy to put that point aside - but I think if we have any Honor we have to stay in Iraq. Maybe we change stategy, sure. Whatever it takes. Just so long as the kids in the field and in the hospitals get to live in a better place.
My replacement should be here tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll leave on Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you give her any candy?