Thursday, May 25, 2006

Defying the Laws of Physics


I'm back.
It was a long trip. From the Air Force base in Kuwait, I took a bus to the Kuwait International Airport. After stumbling around for a few minutes, I finally hooked up with a travel agent who got me tickets all the way back to Salt Lake City. But, between this and the security guys going through all my luggage, I ended up missing my flight to London.
So I got a hotel in downtown Kuwait City, and crashed. I enjoyed the rest of the day napping, eating, and wandering around downtown. Walked down to Kuwait Bay, at the North end of the Perian Gulf.

The next day I woke up at 5 AM, got going to the airport, caught my flight, and off I went. 7 hours to London, then 8 hours to Chicago, then a long delay in Chicago, and 3 hours back to Salt lake. Trav and Kel were kind enough to pick me up at 2 AM when I rolled in exhausted.
All told, I travelled about 32 hours. 30 of which were in 1 day.
Umm... there was some discussion as to whether or not the blog will continue. It will. It probably won't be every day, but rather once or twice a week. Hopefully some of you will continue to read and enjoy hearing about my experiences.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Ry. Your mama is glad you're back home. We were starting to get alittle worried when we didn't hear from you. We're glad the big adventure is over (at least until the next one begins).

Anonymous said...

Welcome back dude. Glad to know that you made it back in one piece.

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back. I say keep up the blog. Life in SLC must be just as exciting.

Now will you be giving one of those lectures and slide shows at the public library?

Ken Leek said...

Hey, I updated my blog

Elisabeth said...

Welcome HOME! I got your message, thanks so much for calling. I was at Crystal's farewell, we got back last night. Talk to you soon!