Sunday, May 07, 2006

A day off

Today was technically a day off. I only worked 8 hours today. But a lot of that was just driving around the base, looking for a new area where we could put our stuff. For some reason I can't quite understand, they think it might be wise to move us.
Frankly, I think this is just another example of a beauracratic military of a beauracratic nation wasting time and money on stuff that doesn't matter. (We won't really move, this is just a game people play). But hey, as the recipient of money ill spent, I'll stop that train of thought right now.
All in all, today was pretty laid back. I attended church, watched the Oscar de la Hoya fight, and read. I also got on the waiting list to get out of here. They presently want me to go through Quatar - I'd prefer Europe... we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Ken Leek said...

Sounds like you had a nice day off. I am glad to hear you are doing well and my taxes are being well spent. We shall have a party when you get home, whether it be through Quatar or Europe. Hey will you do me a favor?...Bring me a bruat please. Mmmmm brauts

The Shavers said...

How long is the waiting list. Is it as long as the married housing list at BYU? If so, good luck.