Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Sweet Ride

So I got a sweet ride today. A full suspension mountain bike. It was covered with dust, and had two different locks on it, but I checked around and nobody was using it (at least in the past 4 months, and since we only stay for 3 months...) so I decided to make it mine, for my tour anyway.

It rides pretty good, and will save me mucho time travelling on the base. I already took it on a sweet jump - got about a foot and a 1/2 in the air - I actually nailed the landing, which should surprise everyone who has ever gone mountain biking with me (I tend to crash more than everyone else combined - but I get some sweet scars from it!).

On other news, while we no longer are wearing the body armor all the time, they did issue a base email stating that we can't leave the base without lots of specific paperwork. They specifically stated that "This is not a sight seeing trip." Gee, that's really too bad. I was really hoping to get off base for some R&R this weekend. Psych! (for all you 80s lovers out there, that's for you.)

1 comment:

Ken Leek said...

I myself can testify to the much crashing of Ryry. I am glad to see you found another bike that you will now call your own. Maybe you can also find a humvee and call it your own or send it to me.