Thursday, February 23, 2006

One week down

So today marks one week in Iraq. Only 12 more to go - if they all go this fast I'll be home in no time.
I called my parents this morning - it was last night for them. Very nice to hear from home. Then it was to work the entire day. The low point of my day was hauling sandbags with the GIs. It really wasn't much fun. The high point was sitting in 70 degree blue skies on top of our bunker, just watching planes and helicopters fly around.
I have to go. We have a mission early tomorrow morning, and I volunteered to run our equipment (since everybody else did it earlier this week). So I have to be there by 0330 local time.
May everyone have a funtacular day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey RyDizzle. i just wanted you to know that tara and i have been thinking about you and that you are in our prayers. you know i served most of my mission in sevilla right? i was way excited for you when i read that. have fun bro and keep in touch.