Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Doing good

So I've been working on a way to post pics to this. I figure one or more of you might be interested in seeing Iraq, or perhaps even seeing me in Iraq. However, I continue to be frustrated by the computers here. Hopefully I'll get it worked out soon.
Today was an OK day. This morning while installing air conditioning ducts on my satellite antenna (which is one of the things I build) I heared to a bunch of rounds being fired from a guard tower. That was kinda cool, since I was really far away. But even cooler was seeing a pair of Apaches take off haulin' in that direction, followed by two full Blackhawks.
I was happy to find a way to get onto my blog and read the comments - thank you so much! Right now things have been too busy to do much personal emailing, so that's pretty much all I'm getting right now - please keep commenting!
I also got to see a pretty cool insect today - no scorpion, sorry Dave. It was an ant. At first I thought it was a spider, since it was the size of a quarter, but no, just a big mean black ant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RyRy, I miss your tacos. I'm so jealous of you that you get to see really cool ants in Iraq and I'm stuck in the O.C. taking Optics finals. Well, I want you to always wear your armor, the physical kind and the spiritual kind and to keep going to the Mormons church, even if it is really boring. I guess it's nice to know the gospel is the same everywhere, huh? Peace out. Jonah says he misses Uncle RyRy. (Well, he would if he had ever met you, and if he could talk, and if you were his real uncle.)
Peace out for reals.
J-ho

Kirk said...

Are they going to let you ride in a helicopter? They're going to want to keep you out of harm's way, so maybe they'll just take you on a little flight over the base and then let you walk back. to where you took off from. What do you think? I hope you're keeping on keeping on and Iraq is every bit the beautiful vacation spot you dreamed it would be! Peace out!