Tuesday, February 28, 2006

10 hrs later

So I slept 10 hours last night - well, except for the part where my boss came to check and see that i was still alive. Apparantly we (the base) were attacked last night. I dunno. I slept through the whole thing. I did wake up to him pounding on the door though.
Fixed my bike today. Much better now. I also built some shelves. Quite possibly (given how much we're being paid an hour over here) the most expensive plywood shelves ever. With 4 guys building them, I'd say they cost ~ $2000 + materials.
No cool bugs today, though I did see some increased hornet and fly activity. I hear they get a lot worse, and then the sand fleas come. Yippee!
I'm exhausted. We had a mission going tonight that I had to stick around for, and thus I'm now going to bed sometime after midnight. Not a bad 16 hour day.
Oh - and I'm going to try and respond more to comments via my own comments - in the same comment section. This is a recommendation of ixoj. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to thank all of your wonderful friends for their input for Jeff's apartment. Since it comes with such high recommendations, I thought we'd go with the Alpine. It worked for all of you so it must be the best!
Hang in there Ry!

Anonymous said...

That's wierd RY RY...my apartment was attacked last night too. Creepy. No seriously, that's a bit scary. I'm glad it wasn't a bad thing. I think that I'm missing out on all of the insect and animal talk. Lets be honest, I just don't like desert animals. But...if you see polar bears, please let me know. They are my favorite. Send my love to the polar bears.
Thanx

Unknown said...

I'm still having a tough time posting pics on the blog. I won't bore you with details why, but basically the computers that should let me do it are too slow when lots of people are on the internet at the same time. Maybe the next time I wake up at 3 I'll come in here first.
Hey Dave - all the leadership people in my service branch here are doctors that live in San Antonio. I thought that was cool.

Ken Leek said...

Glad to hear you are doing good