Monday, February 20, 2006

New Digs

So I've moved into my new trailer - it's nice not to be living in a tent with 30 other guys.  However, wearing body armor and helmet to the shower and dining facilities is no fun - we are currently on alert that there might be attacks on the base, so we have to wear them whenever not in a protected facility.  Other than that, everything is pretty chill. 
Oh - I went to church services last night (the Mormons church).  Kinda cool, pretty boring.  It was nice to take the sacrament, but the talks could've been a little more engaging.  Some of my co-workers/ brothers in the gospel crashed pretty hard. 
I saw some Cobra attack choppers last night.  That was sweet.  We continue to hear 50mm machine guns go off - sometimes prompting the question "Is there a shooting range around here?"  To which I always reply, "Yes, but they don't use paper targets!"  Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo yo.
They have mormons there too. Damn it. I thought I would never expect to see mormons after I leave BYU.
;).
Keep up the faith.

Don't they have some sort of city law or odinanace about the noise levels from the shooting range!!;)
Maybe they are gearing up for shooting competition of the Olympics in two years.

Keep Safe dude.

And yeah, my family is still in Kuwait so if you wanna drive down sometime, holler at me.

-Yajoo!

Ken Leek said...

That is freakin awesome!