Saturday, August 07, 2010

Things I love about Lubbock #6: Traffic/Distance

So tonight, when I was running late getting to a goodbye/graduation dinner for my friends Megan and Stephanie, I pretty much made it all the way across Lubbock in less than 10 minutes. Yes, I was exceeding the speed limit, but not by more than 10 mph.

Hence the thing I love about Lubbock for tonight - that I can get anywhere in Lubbock in under 20 minutes. Even in "heavy" traffic times, there's rarely a backup, and if there is, you still get through the intersection on the next signal.

Here's a shot of 'downtown' Lubbock at 5PM Thursday.

Here's a picture of one of the busier intersections just a short time after.
Now, because its a college town, traffic will be increasing in the next few weeks, but really its nice to be able to get around fast and easily. Somehow I think DC's traffic might be a little more intense than Lubbock's been.

1 comment:

Physcokity said...

When it comes to DC traffic, think kamikaze. ;)