Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Bar is Done

The bar is done. I hope, I pray, I pass. I felt pretty good about the test - I felt really good about my prep. I don't know what more I could have done in preparation. I can still tell I'm exhausted from the prep, the test, and everything involved.

So when I arrived in Lubbock Saturday evening, it hit me a little harder than normal that my time here is really getting short. I've talked down on Lubbock during my three years here, but the fact is that I kinda like the town. If there were hills, forest, or rivers of worth mentioning anywhere nearby (less than 2 hours), I'd consider staying. This is true despite the fact that there isn't enough work for me here.

I like the weather, minus 40 mph constant wind & dust. I like the people. I like the attitude.
My dislikes... well, they exist, but I'm not dwelling on those anymore, certainly not this last week before I leave for DC.

So what I have decided to do is start making a list, or a compilation, of favorite things/memories about Lubbock. Since I'm doing these day by day, they probably won't be in order...

No comments: