Saturday, August 14, 2010

In DC

So I've moved to DC. Getting here went well. My parents helped me pack up in Lubbock, then we drove to Dallas, where I had to swap out my truck battery. Of course the job turned out to be more than my Dad & I expected (it always does) so we finished completely covered in sweat about 9 PM Monday night.

Then my Mom drove with me to St. Louis, where we stayed with my Grandmother, and we saw cousins, as well as my brother Matt & his family, who are also on their way out to DC for a new job. The next day we hit the road, crossing through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and a chunk of Pennsylvania before calling it a night in a small town in PA.

We got to the place I had lined up here in DC, and well... the guy I sublet from for 1 month is a moron. The day turned out to be rough, but I got my stuff stored, I'm living in a cockroach infested building for a few more days, and then to top it off, the next day I woke up to find that my truck was gone. At first I thought it was stolen - nope. Just towed. The moron forgot to tell me I need a parking pass, so then I had to figure out how to get to my car without transportation (I eventually got a cab).

Since then, things are looking up. I have a place lined up through December, I've gotten most of the little things done I wanted, and I've received a paycheck from work. I'm really excited about where I'll be living for the next few months, and to start the full-time job hunt.

No comments: