Thursday, October 30, 2008

To DC & back

I flew out to Washington D.C. yesterday for an interview. I loved it - the cool weather, the fact that the firm is right next to the Patent Office, seeing the Jefferson & Washington monuments as we taxied to the terminal. I saw the other Washington monument as well. What other one?!?

It turns out the Masons built a monument/temple in Alexandria VA, right across from where this firm's office is, and dedicated it to George Washington. So I looked at the thing all day long.
Anyway, so after my interview I took the metro clear across town and met up with Ken & Jim. We ate some good food, shared many laughs, and caught up.

Then I caught a flight back to Lubbock this morning. 2 Red-Eye's in 2 days isn't good for the body. I'm exhausted. But it was super fun - D.C. would be an incredible place to live.

No comments: