Tuesday, October 21, 2008

On the Internet...

So when I moved to Lubbock, I had a choice. Do I pay $70/month for cable + internet, or ~$40 for internet? It was a tough choice because lets face it, catching good things on broadcast TV these days is tough. The schedules change, TiVo has changed the game, and I'm never home before 9PM. Having cable would be nice... especially for sports.

In the end, I decided to be cheap. I think watching sports is fun, but overrated - I'd rather go do something (unless its the Cougars). I got a good internet connection, perfect for Xbox Live and doing my homework from home.

What I didn't realize at the time was that TV networks were posting all of their shows online a day or two after they air. This means that I basically have my own TiVo via the interwebs all the time. And I love it, because I don't have to worry about being home to catch a show - after all, living your life according to a TV schedule is lame.

What prompted this post? Because I love NBC's Life & Chuck. But I don't think I've ever seen them on the TV, just my computer...

6 comments:

Travis said...

I haven't seen the office on actual tv since last year.

Physcokity said...

I love that they do this. The commercials "breaks" are only 30 seconds

Anonymous said...

that's piracy

Anonymous said...

It's not piracy if a networks posts its own shows, which they do. If you want to show your ignorance, at least leave a comment with you name please.

Unknown said...

I dunno who left the piracy comment. Hopefully they were trying to be funny. Otherwise, please visit the following websites:

fox.com
nbc.com
abc.com
cbs.com
usanetwork.com
scifi.com
southparkstudios.com

Welcome to 2008.

e said...

Ryan, your comment could have been a whole new blog entry. Ha ha.