Sunday, October 26, 2008

Return to Caprock

So I went to Caprock Canyon State Park on Friday for a campout. Beautiful area, but kinda a frustrating night. Here's why: I broke my rule.

What rule? Well, if you haven't noticed, sometimes I'm picky about who I associate myself with. Even more so if it involves hiking or camping. Frankly, most of the time when I go hiking, mountain biking, or camping with people I don't know well enough to trust, I regret it. Such was the case this weekend.

Some idjuts (intentionally spelled that way for emphasis) decided not to go to sleep at all Friday night. Who cares, right? But the fact that they decided to stay up all night around the campfire 10ft from my tent, talking in not-so-quiet voices, kinda frustrates me. I had stuff I wanted to get done on Saturday, but didn't because I was so exhausted.

I kept myself pretty calm and even-tempered, because I realize it's only half their fault. The other half is mine - for putting up my tent anywhere near anybody else. I should have a) not gone or 2) set up my tent well away from the others. My fault.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ry, I'll be quiet next time.

e said...

My favorite thing about blogs you write is when you have more than one point, and use: A) 2) G), etc. But then again, I'm easily entertained and you're cheap entertainment.

Unknown said...

I willingly admit that I stole that, and who knows what else, from T-Rav*