Sunday, October 05, 2008

Night Air

So my dad worked late nights as a cop for many many years. He once told me that he loved the night - that there was an energy that you could feel driving the streets at 3 AM, when they're empty, that's just incredible.

I love the empty streets, the crisp air, the quiet. Right when I got home from my mission I used to wake up every morning at 5ish and go running in Provo. The quiet was awesome. Especially when it snowed, and the world was completely silent except for the crunch of the snow under my feet.

Anyway, the reason I started writing this stuff is because the other day I was driving home at midnight, and I had forgotten how much I love the night. I loved the glow from the lights, the smell... it was very nice.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. My dad ran a parking lot cleaning business for years and I spent many summers (when not in school) working with him from 8pm to 6am. It's like a different world. I think if I were a cop, I'd love to work that shift as well.