Friday, November 07, 2008

Treated like crap

So every once in awhile, we all get treated like crap. Most of the time we just take it on the chin, we roll with it. After all, we don't want to be the one treating someone else like crap.

Well, last night someone said something to me that kinda bothered me, but then this morning I woke up pissed off that someone had said that to me. I'm all for being nice and easy to get along with, but frankly, I think too often I just get pushed around by people that have absolutely no business pushing.

The new plan: Take it on the chin once. 1 time. 2nd time, ask them to adjust their tone, and make sure they understand I don't appreciate being spoken to that way. 3rd time, inform them of what a frickin' retard they are, how their mom is a frickin' retard for raising them that way, and tell them they probably shouldn't treat people that way. A 4th time would be bad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

4th time, call me. I'll back you.

ixoj said...

que paso?

e said...

Interesting. I have a problem with one of my professors treating me like "crap" and I take it over and over again. I'm seriously considering trying your "plan" to see if it helps the situation. I feel torn on the matter because advanced degrees have a certain "expectation" that you will be abused by a professor or two, but really, shouldn't all forms of "hazing" be done away with? Ugh.

Unknown said...

I dunno... I think you have to be careful when you're talking to a boss or authority figure. Or get some dirt on them.

My specific situation it was a peer that was telling me how to act & what to say, when they have absolutely no control over me, and frankly most of the time their actions reflect a certain level of idiocy.

I have a professor that's a jerk in class and super nice one-on-one, so I don't consider it personal. If it were personal, I might take it up with the dean.

e said...

Good point.

Really, I'm just hoping to get through the next month and never see the man ever again. But peacemaking? That works too.

jimwraith said...

Ry, I skip all the chance crap. I go straight to 'Lancer' mode. I think you know what I'm talkin' about...