Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why so pessimistic?

So I was reflecting upon my life, and subsequently my blog, and I feel like I've been in a pessimistic rut. And that needs to change. First of all, we all know that the world is changing at a crazy pace right now, and there's lots of bad stuff going on, and there's going to be some hard times ahead. So its easy and perhaps weak that I've been focusing on that stuff. And B) Life is good.

(side note - I really think that's why Obama won the election: because everyone knows its bad, but he presented Hope and Change, two things we all want. I hope he brings those qualities back to not only the White House, but America.)

Anyway, so now I'm trying to be more optimistic, and I thought I'd point out some good things that have been going on in my life.
  • Saw Quantum of Solice, the new Bond flick. Best movie I've seen in months.
  • My friend Jennifer Jackson, whom I met at Law School, was baptized
  • I'm the Gospel Principles teacher, and I love it
  • I got the new Gears of War video game, and it's awesome
  • I'm almost done with my papers for the semester
  • I really like the TV show Burn Notice (you can find it on Hulu)
  • I think Maggie Walters' music is incredible. She's kinda along the same lines as Ingrid Michaelson.
  • It's finally getting cold in Lubbock, and I love the biting cold in my lungs in the morning. It makes me happy.

1 comment:

e said...

Ryan, you fascinate me. You're very multi-dimensional. I'd love to sit down one day and interview you . . . I guess some people call that "talking", but whatev . . .

By the way, I'm with you. The new Bond was awesome.