Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fun in Lubbock

My week was a roller coaster ride. Some good, some bad. In keeping with my new attempts at optimism, here are the good things:

1) I finished my paper. 28 pages on Government sponsored incentives for renewable energy, or efficient energy products.

2) This morning before church I went on a walk-about at the Lubbock Lake Landmark. It was a little noisier than I had hoped, but it was nice to get out and go for a walk. For those of you curious, I came across some tumbleweed - it really does exist.

3) My nephew (with my sister & brother-in-law) came over for a bit tonight. I don't have a lot of toys for a 2 1/2 year old. He played with my bean bag chair, my ab-roller, a headlamp, and then I gave him my harmonica, which he loved!
Here some pictures of him. Ladies, marry me and you could get one of these for your very own!


Yes, I did clean the slobber out of the harmonica when he was done. Yes, there was a lot.

5 comments:

ixoj said...

HOW do you clean out the slobber from a harmonica? I handed mine over to 4 under 6-year-olds and now I'm afraid to touch it!

Unknown said...

Well, I did it when it was 'fresh', and whipped it a whole bunch, then wiped it down. If it's dried, eww.

e said...

By saying, "Marry me and you could get one of these for your very own" did you mean the harmonica? Because if so, I'm in. I mean, a good harmonica costs, what? $5 these days? Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Someone's looking to buy a ticket.

Becky said...

Ryan I loved that statement. It made me smile. Made me miss Ry. Hope things don't get to crazy for you and you make it at least through this semester ok.