Sunday, April 05, 2009

Clarity Tunnel

Friday night I went out to a place called Clarity Tunnel. It's a tunnel that was built long ago for the Ft. Worth - Denver railroad line, and is now home to many bats. Unfortunately we didn't get there in time to see the bats fly out - it was already very dark - but we did see some bats flying around & feeding.

The tunnel itself was in really good condition - and the guano wasn't too thick!
The tunnel was a lot taller than I was expecting, and a lot shorter than I was expecting too. But it was great to get out of Lubbock and do something a little different.

2 comments:

Shanno said...

How do you find so many random places to go? Do you have some sort of internal radar?

Unknown said...

I think I must! I seriously am always hearing about weird/interesting places to go... or I look for them.