Thursday, April 23, 2009

"I don't want to get big"

So here's a quick rant of mine.

I like to work out - and I try to push myself. Be it running, mountain biking, weight lifting, boxing, raquetball - whatever I'm doing, I like to try and be the best I can be. Same goes for school, work, etc. Work hard, have no regrets.

So it ticks me off when people are out of shape &/or fat, and they tell me they don't want to lift weights/do pullups/ do pushups because "they don't want to get big." Guess what? Those people are ignorant.

All the literature says that you have to be consuming a great deal of protein in order to gain excessive muscle mass, and in all probability you'll need to be on creatine and other types of growth enhancers. Me? I just think you're lazy.

How about instead of telling yourself "I don't want to get big" you tell yourself "I don't actually want to burn calories in the most efficient way possible because it might hurt a little bit." And then we can go on an 8 hour hike and we'll see who is in better condition for it - you or I.

Now back to studying.

No comments: