Monday, March 02, 2009

Addicted to Crossfit

I have a confession - I'm addicted to Crossfit.com

A couple years ago I went to the website and it didn't really impress me all that much. A few weeks ago I checked it out again and found it much improved, and since I always am looking for new and creative ways to workout, thought I'd give it a try.

It kicked my trash. The first day I almost threw up. That is, I was gagging and had to hold a towel to my face to control my breathing.

Here's why I think it's awesome.
1) It posts a Workout of the Day (WOD). You can compare your time with others, but I don't - I just push as hard as I can, see how fast I can do it. If I wanted to start keeping track, they apparently do repeat the WODs - maybe twice a year.
2) They have exercise/video demos. These people are sick, and its addicting to watch them do 50 pullups, or a hundred air squats. They also have videos of combat techniques, which are way fun as well.

I've been doing it, not every single day, but 4-5 times a week now for 2 weeks, and I can tell its working. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a changeup, but also just to anyone bored and looking for some insane videos to watch.

No comments: