Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Weird Month

So I've had a weird month. Rather than write out all the reasons why, here are some short blurbs about the past couple weeks in my life.
  • I almost got crushed by a garage door. No, really. It wasn't cool.
  • I superglued my face, and got some in my hair
  • I hit a bat in my truck. Impact was smaller than the horse I hit a few years ago.
  • I was billed for something I returned over 2 months ago
  • I made a pinewood derby car that had 7 wheels
  • I wrote an excel macro in Visual Basic
  • I drove in snow and ice, and had to scrape my car for 10 minutes
All of this, while in law school. No wonder I feel super busy all the time.

5 comments:

e said...

Two questions:

-What happened with the garage door?
-Have you been in Texas so long that scrapping a snow covered car for 10 minutes seems like a long time?

Powell said...

When I was about 6 my dad was pulling into the garage, I was playing in the drive way with my toy cars. The garage door went up and I moved all the cars. My dad pulled in the doorstarted going down, when I noticed that one of my cars had slid into the garage. I felt confident I could roll into the garage, grab the car, and roll out and just miss the lowering door, Indiana Jones style. I was wrong and ended up with the door pinning me to the floor. My dad heard my cries and opened the door (this was before the days of laser sensors to make sure there is nothing in the way). But I don't remember it hurting at all. Your story does not sound too dramatic, unless it was a commercial garage door or had some sort of razor sharp edge.

Unknown said...

Powell - bingo!
It was a commercial garage door, and it hit me right on the top of the head when I was standing underneath. Luckily I was able to move out of the way quickly.

Em - 10 minutes is a long time, especially when it's ice, not snow, and you have to basically chip through it. Seldom in Utah did I have that much trouble...

e said...

Thanks for the clarification. Here I was thinking 10 minutes was 10 sets of 60 seconds.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor used to hang on his garage door as the opener took it up. I watched him do it over and over and then run inside when his parents came home. It was no surprise that the door opener stopped working shortly after that.

I know this isn't the same as dodging a door as it closes, but it does involve large doors and childish excitement.