Friday, February 06, 2009

Home Cafe

I know everybody's interested in where I eat here in Lubbock, so in continuing on the theme today I went to Home Cafe for lunch. From the outside it looks just like a little Ma&Pa restaurant that will probably go out of business anytime soon.

Upon entering, I realized my mistake. The place has a old time Texas feel, replete with old black & white photographs and aging books. Every table is different, as are the chairs. And the food is pretty much made from scratch. I got the chicken fried chicken, which was delicious. This is definitely one spot in Lubbock that people should know about.

Oh, and no worries about it going out of business. At one point while we were there the line extended out the door.

Located at 34th & Gary in Lubbock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 points for the proper use of the word "replete"

Jessica and Tim said...

Geez. You make me wanna come out there. My mac 'n cheese for lunch doesn't sound nearly as delish as yours. Cheers.