Saturday, January 24, 2009

An old friend

So I just got finished visiting an old friend - it had been forever since we'd seen each other. But after some initial awkward conversation, we fell right in step and things just flowed. Who is this mystery friend?

Computer Programming.

I had this gi-nourmous list of data I had pulled from a .pdf file in an unformatted mess. I figured I could either sort it by hand (& mouse), or I could figure out the mysterious world of excel macros. I opted for the second and it was super fun, at least compared to my normal day-to-day activities. It was in Visual Basic, which I had never used before, but after figuring out the basic structures and commands, worked like a champ. The data is now sorted in one fell swoop, and I'm happy about it- which would not have been the case had I done it by hand.

Why am I in law school again?

No comments: