Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tumbleweeds

So I drove home to Dallas today. Pretty uneventful trip, then got caught in the Dallas traffic, in a light drizzle. Super fun.

What did make the trip a little more eventful than usual was the tremendous amount of tumbleweed blowing across the road. Dodging tumbleweed can be difficult - especially if there's a significant amount of oncoming traffic. All told I'd say I dodged 20-30 pieces, but hit 2.

I think it's hilarious that there's actually that much tumbleweed. I don't think I'd ever seen tumbleweed in my life before moving to Lubbock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first time kelly ever saw one she screamed and yelled something like, "I thought they only existed in movies."

They also make great fires. Just ask my grandpa and his gallon jug of gas.