Saturday, December 06, 2008

Sick during finals

So I've been as sick as I've been in years for the past week. The last time I can remember feeling this crappy was when I had bronchitis in 2004 (and kept playing soccer anyway - Intramural Champs!). Studying for finals while this sick has not been fun. Two down, 1 to go.

One of the consequences of being this sick is simply how tough its been to breath. Most of the time you don't think too much about it, but when you wake up every 1 1/2 hours, every night for a week, gasping, it ain't much fun. I'm on antibiotics now, and feel like I'm getting better - but my voice is still shot. Hopefully another day or two and I'll be fine. Being sick during finals sucks - I've done the best I could with a poor attention span.

On another happy note: I'm turning 30 a week from today (next Saturday, the 13th). I'll be the first to admit that turning 30 and being single wasn't how I saw myself 10 years ago. The ride's been fun, and I don't regret any of it - but 'man was not meant to be alone.' Sometimes, say when you wake up at 4 AM gasping, and super hungry, it'd be nice to have someone eat cereal next to you.

And frankly my dating situation here in Lubbock is frustrating - I certainly don't think that's a news flash to anyone. There are few date-able girls here (sorry if that's crazy talk to anyone reading this), and just because they may be date-able does not mean there's interest from me or vice versa. And I have neither money nor time to consistently date beyond Lubbock. And I'll be 31 when I leave Lubbock, which means no more single's wards. So dating is awesome.

So what am I going to do? I have no clue. But I do know that celebrating my birthday in the Texas Tech Law Library is not an option. After all, the ride's been fun so far, and I'm going to make sure it stays fun all the way.

1 comment:

e said...

What kind of cereal are you eating? I'll bet if you got a cereal collection à la Jerry Seinfeld you could woo some women . . . though, looking at the picture in the above blog leads me to believe even really good cereal couldn't entice the ladies when you're dressed like that (the exception being peanut butter Cap'n Crunch -- that works EVERY time).