Friday, September 19, 2008

Red Lobster

In my opinion, the best Mexican food in Provo is Diego's Taco Shack. It's delicious. I almost always get a double, or triple order of carnitas. Pulled pork on a small tortilla, with some chopped onions, lime, and salsa.... mmm...

But alas, I'm not in Provo anymore, and I think its time to find some new restaurants that I can say are my favorites... Today I'm trying out Tom and Bingo’s Hickory Pit Bar-b-que. Sounds like my kinda place.

Not on my list - Red Lobster. First of all, let me start by saying that until this past summer I had never been to Red Lobster. If it were up to me, I'd probably never go again. I'm not a big seafood guy, but Red Lobster is overpriced and a little on the gross side. OK, a lot on the gross side. I simply fail to see the allure of this restaurant. I've been there 3-4 times now, and walk away disappointed every time. I don't foresee me going back unless pressured to do so.

4 comments:

ixoj said...

A- Have you ever tried Red Lobster's Steak? Very tasty, as good or better than Outback (if you consider Outback to be good).

2- If you don't life seafood, why on earth would you go to Red LOBSTER?

7- If you don't live near the coast, but you consider lobster to be one of the finner things in life, it's kind of great.

Anonymous said...

A: Diego's is the best! We went there for dinner tonight. I got a carne asada burrito and loved it.

3: Red Lobster has heavenly cheezy biscuits that they serve with every meal. That alone makes it worth the trip.

7: I found a great taco cart in SLC. Two tacos for $1.50. My favs are the carnitas and lengua tacos.

Unknown said...

1: I haven't had the steak. Probably because I'm too cheap.

C: The Cheezy biscuits are good, yet I still want more butter on them...

Last: I've never been the one who wants to go to Red Lobster. I'm always in a group that wants to go - but I think I'll now be the voice of reason.

Actual Last: I went to a place called Tom & Bingo's Hickory Pit BarBQ. As you can guess from the name, it was much better than Red Lobster.

Anonymous said...

I concur with the whole Lob bit.