Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lance Armstrong


Following Michael Jordan, Brett Farve, and many others, another athlete has decided they shouldn't have retired - Lance Armstrong. Now, I loved watching the Tour when Lance was in it. And the truth is, I'll be rooting him on again. Frankly, it's stunk the past year or two - especially once Landis was found to be doping (which I still kinda doubt, but whatever).

However, what does bug me a little is that he's claiming that its to raise Cancer awareness.

Wait wait, Now I get it!
- Winning 7 times after cancer didn't do enough for cancer awareness.
- Selling a ga-gillion yellow bracelets didn't do enough for cancer awareness.
- Running the New York marathon in 3 hours didn't do enough for cancer awareness.
- Being on TV almost everyday doesn't do enough for cancer awareness.
- Dating Sheryl Crow, then dumping her for one of the Olson twins didn't do enough for cancer awareness.

But winning a race you already won 7 times in a row will do it. Yup.

3 comments:

e said...

Ha ha ha. Maybe if he started dating the *other* Olsen twin too he'd really increase cancer awareness.

By the way, I'll totally be rooting for him too. I found the tour this year almost dull without him.

Travis said...

It wasn't just the way Lance rode, but the way his whole team set a pace that destroyed the competition that I loved. I think the Tour is missing some flashyness and excitement now.

Anonymous said...

stay classy, ryry.

stay classy