Tuesday, September 02, 2008

NYC

So I flew up to New York City for the Labor Day weekend. It went by quickly and was a lot of fun.

I'd never really spent any meaningful time in New York City before, so this was kinda different. What I discovered is that
A) Lubbock and New York are about as polar as it comes within the United States
B) That New York actually reminds me a lot of Argentina, the way the traffic works and just the feel of the city
C) If you ever want to see something strange, NYC is the place to go.

The two funniest things I saw there: A dude walking around with a live cat sitting on his head, and this post-it-note on the suggestion board at Governor's Island.

A lot of people say that New York is a place that's fun to visit, but they'd never want to live there. I don't think that's me. I think it'd be fun, but very different. The idea of living without a car is disconcerting. Lots of walking.

Anyway, now back to school. I'm retaking the patent bar on the 10th of October, so time is now pressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been following the launch of Google Chrome? Any thoughts on it?

Unknown said...

I'm interested, but I haven't tried it out yet. Curious, absolutely.

e said...

Just so it is known, I'm particularly jealous of your traveling adventures.