Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ladyluck Speedway


So on Friday I went to the Ladyluck Speedway here in Lubbock. It was Awesome. Many years ago I was on the BYU electric racecar team, which was super fun. So I had had some experience with racing - but never dirt racing. This was sweet. They had stock cars and they had sprints. Saw some sweet crashes and pushing and thankfully everyone came out healthy.

One thing that's super fun about any racetrack are the people. Lots of interesting characters. I've told a few people, but one thing I learned is that the family that smokes together stays together, as evidenced by a mother passing her smoke on to her son, who then took a drag. That's the Mom above - she had another son (maybe 19?) that she passed her smoke to. Another thing I learned was that it's OK to induce permanent hearing loss in infants, as evidenced by this babyseat at the race.
But overall, I really liked the race. Unfortunately it was the last race of the season - next year I'll be sure to catch a few more.

3 comments:

Tyler Root said...

Doood. We had one of those speedways in my hometown of Placerville, CA. Same exact cars raced every Saturday night. The whole "experience" was a blast.

Stacy Pincock said...

That's AWESOME. Love the mom and son sharing the smoke!!! Classic.

Travis said...

You're making me miss north idaho. We spent many a weekend at the races, demolition derbies, bull riding and motocross racing. The best parts were always the crashes and the people watching.