Thursday, June 12, 2008

Random bits

So instead of studying tonight I played around with Picasa for a bit, making that eyeball photo up at the top of my blog. Basically I filtered out all the other colors but the blue in my eye. Here's the instructions. I think it's cool, so it'll stay for a bit.

In other random bits:
1) I've been thinking a lot lately about the differences in people. I generally make no qualms about my dislike of morons, and I think everyone in America can become as successful as they push themselves to become. But sometimes I think we push people to become more than they want to be, and I'm not sure we should. Example: Should we push a pizza delivery man to quit his job and go to school? If every pizza dude did that, who'd deliver my Papa Johns? All I'm saying is that while we should obviously push, help and encourage loved ones and those seeking advice/help... but that in a capitalist society there are different levels of workers, and we can't all be at the top. In a perfect United Order type society, those distinctions would disappear. Unfortunately, we're not there yet.
2) Life is fragile.
3) I'm exhausted.
4) While I'm enjoying watching the Celtics-Lakers, basketball, and particularly the NBA is a joke. I'll be happy to recant this when someone can adequately respond to this quote: Michael Wilbon recently wrote in The Washington Post - "The larger point here is that nobody has ever known what is and what isn't a foul in professional basketball. … It's as subjective as anything in sports, calling a foul. You can't get a consensus from people who've been in and around the game for 100 years."

2 comments:

Shanno said...

The eye is cool, not creepy.

ixoj said...

i totally think it's creepy. cool, but creepy.