Wednesday, April 09, 2008

The Wonderful Power of Google

I like Google products. I think they do a good job, are generally free, and sometimes have incredible possibilities. I remember when I first started using Google Earth how amazed I was. I love that they bought Blogger, so now I don't have to log an extra time to post. I wish they would pony up and buy Facebook, but I think that time's come and gone - and I'm not sure there exists enough cash in the world to do that anyway.

But my newest joy from Google comes from Google Docs. Now, I'm normally a big MS Office fan - but today, when 4 people from school all needed to fix up a contract together, all Word could do for us was sit around and all watch 1 person type. A nice, ineffective use of time. So what I did was upload the document to Google Docs, then invite the other 3 people to work on it as well. All 4 of us were simultaneously working on it, and we busted it out in 45 minutes compared to hours of doing it the other way.

Now, I know this capability has been out for awhile - but this was the first time I've used it, and it was great - some lag issues, but really an overall positive experience!

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

I agree 100%. I've never used it the way you did (which I had never thought of until you brought it up)(, but I think it's a great tool for many uses.