Saturday, April 26, 2008

Whataburger

Among the many classifications of people that drive me crazy are slow people. Slow drivers, slow thinkers, and definitely slow fast-food restaurants.

So today I'm going over to my sister's place to babysit my nephew for a bit, and having had no lunch I thought, "Hey, how 'bout a whataburger?" I pull into the drive thru lane @ 1:03. I order at 1:05. I get my food at 1:22. 17 minutes in the frickin' drive thru. I could have gone to Chili's/Applebees/etc. and gotten my food quicker. The people at Whataburger are idiots. Here's a couple reasons why:

1) Fast food restaurants, like grocery stores, are perfect places to implement need-based staffing, looking at the previous weeks/months/years and determine when you're going to need more people, or even -gasp!- more hamburgers. Now, lots of fast food restaurants do this - Wendy's on a Saturday night, they have them crakin'. Whataburger, apparently not so much.

2) How about telling that fat piece of trash that ordered $30 from Whataburger to pull off to the side while you finish preparing his meal, so you can get the other people out faster?

3) My favorite: How about you have a cash register by the window!?! That's right, after finally pulling up to the window, nobody was there for 2-3 minutes. When they finally did show up, they took my card and ran it out to the cash registers in the main dining area. I'm like, "What the?!?"

I hate idiots.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was just re-reading this and realized that this actually all occurred at 11, not 1... not that it really makes any substantive difference.